Monday, November 22, 2010

I am going to buy onions at the market in Puerto Williams when I catch the Chief in the corner of my eyes. He's speaking in his deliberate, patient way. I look again, and see Saverio! It looks like him. How did he get here? He couldn't be doing a story on the resorts of Puerto Williams.

"Misha!" The Chief beckons.

"This is Saverio de la Cruz. Saverio, this is Misha Strand. Saverio is here to do a story about Nido Claro."

To anyone else, I would think "Yes, you want to see the freaks." But I want to be hopeful.

Saverio smiles. "We meet in Ushuaia."

He remembered. I pray to all the gods that I am not blushing.

"Misha can take you around, introduce you to some of the others, fill in the details. I've got a few things to take care of, but I'll meet you back here at 10:00."

I forget about the onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment